Thursday, June 24, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 224

Sonnet #52 (I Often Repeat Myself)
I find I repeat my mind to complete
my unfinished thoughts. I repeat my mind,
my unfinished thoughts. I find I repeat
to complete my unfinished thoughts, I find.
There’s something about the ring of doubt
that sounds in alarm. That sound, there’s something
that sounds in alarm. There’s something about
the doubt that sounds in alarm, about the ring.
The clear thoughts vanish from here, I banish
them to history. I banish the clear
thoughts to history, from here they vanish.
Clear thoughts banished to history from here.
I find I repeat my mind to forget
that my thoughts, my mind, are meant to regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.