Sunday, June 20, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 219

Sorry, I worked, and then was at the DSO all day yesterday.

Space Cadet
Outer space seems so cold,
but I’m out,
floating about the stars
and it doesn’t seem so bad.
It’s quiet,
and I am told that nobody can hear you scream,
but I have no reason to scream,
no reason at all,
as I pass the amorphous clouds
of stars and gaseous forms,
and it seems almost perfect.

But,
it’s far from perfect
as I notice my quietly flailing limbs
and blood depressurizing in the vacuum
of the great beyond,
being pulled in every direction,
but not any direction in specific:
there seems to be no up, or down,
just the black that has enveloped
and taken my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.