Sunday, March 28, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 136

I Am
I am Apathetic
mostly, caring about what I want to,
and not about what I should.

I am Bored
with what usually happens,
though I do nothing to change that.

I am Charming,
bewildering mostly myself,
I am able to entice most everyone.

I am a Dreamer,
constantly looking forward,
but never knowing how to get there.

I am Endearing
to a point, leaving marks that all remember
before slipping into anonymity.

I am a Fucker
in every sense of the word,
though it takes a lot to cross me.

I am Generous
somehow, because I really have nothing,
but manage to give everything in return.

I am Hated
because I am confident in my abilities,
and I use that as a weapon against others.

I am Inferred,
like a forgotten memory,
or something that doesn’t quite make sense.

I am a Joke
with no punch-line,
not really funny, but people keep telling me.

I am a Killer
of time, watching it slip idly by,
as I sip coffee from dream stained mugs.

I am Laughable
because I choose to be,
life hasn’t been what it should, but when is it?

I am a Man,
there is no denying or hiding it,
I love to worship the female form.

I am Nothing
and that is sadly true,
not ironic, I am what hasn’t been.

I am Open
with my life, keeping no secrets,
and showing myself off with swagger.

I am Proud
of what I have and haven’t been.
Show me your dreams, and mine will be bigger.

I am Quiet
when I need to be,
a silent observer of operations.

I am Rowdy
and I will steal the show,
because I have the ability to move mountains.

I am Self-Destructive
and self critical, my own worst enemy
has been my ability to over-think the situation.

I am Trivial,
a puzzle that has yet to be fully assembled
or the last remaining pie piece of your pursuit.

I am Unhinged,
and can or will break at any moment
as tension is palpable in the air I breathe.

I am Voracious,
tenacious, persistent,
however it is phrased, I will follow.

I am Wild
and uncontrollable, a complete spazz
from the dance-floor to your concept of reality.

I am Xenomorphic,
or I am formless, a shape that seems to be,
simply because it has and always will.

I am Youthful
in thoughts and appearance,
despite what years would have you believe.

I am a Zealot,
and I will fight for what I want
and even more for what I cannot have.

I am an alphabetically defined nightmare
of statistically speaking amorphic parts
sewn together by sinewy threads of ignorance,
and all that I am has nothing left to do,
but chronicle time chronologically
in some bastardized way,
because as it stands,

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.