Sunday, March 21, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 129

Waving Goodbye (to Life in General)
I wait for tidal waves
to pull me out to sea
and kill the thoughts
that stare back at me
through ragged lines.

The waves pulling
and dragging listless
miles of weights
through a dark curtain
and out of chalky windows.


The tidal current pulls

like the finest ideas

set to motion in the sky,

disastrous for a minute

that turns into days at sea.



The tidal waves are fantasy


stripping notion of reality


and throwing back phantoms


dressed as angels in the devil guise


to stab at black hearted dreams.




The waves are mere titles,



stones cast aside like dreams



skipping at sharp angles



over the torrent looking maniacal



and peering in my direction…
as I lay on the beach in stupid glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.