Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 126

Somewhere Over the Rains
Somewhere over the rains bows

something I’ve never seen before,
looking at me cockeyed,
smirking mischievously
over the shoulder
in some less than contemptuous way.

I don’t quite understand it,
but I crave it
more than the rain falling,
quenching the earth, my heart,
in its slow subtle drops.

Somewhere over the rains bows

a queen of hearts,
because the queen diamonds
will hurt me if she’s able,
at least that’s what I’m informed
in tear-jerk anthems.

Although I’ve never been anthemic,
or academic,
in any traditional sort,
whether it’s made up or not,
I just can’t seem to care.

Somewhere over the rains bows

rain still coming down
in sheets of liquid diamonds,
dropping hints and allegations
of some historical
event that never happened.

Though what never happened
seems to have happened
when the rain came streaming down,
plummeting down the skies
with wicked chutes.

Somewhere over the rain, bowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.