Saturday, November 14, 2009

Poem-A-Day: Day 2

Now
Feeling like it’s now,
not now,
but the not next rendering,
fat
grease
in typically worded algorhythms.

Music to my ears,
I drink it up,
drink your milkshake
to the meandering motions in the yard,
yearning to be on the greener pasture.

It’s the same fucking street
that I drive down every day though.
That’s the point I guess,
smiling and waving
at the passers-by passing by.

I am the passer
passing myself on the one way
intersection intersecting thoughts
with the next now,
not now,
feeling like it’s now.

I do the right thing,
do the next thing
and hang myself high on the flagpole,
hang myself.
Swingin’ like a dick in the breeze.

I’m a dick
with a dick to match
tit for tat,
I spit on my sleeve to wipe the dirt away.
My mind.

It’s the farthest thing from now,
not now,
but the next normal now,
which is to say there is no now.
Not now.
I’m feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.