Monday, December 20, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 403

From now until I finish I'll be working on my series called Erasures2.

Erasure was a band that came to prominence during the 80s.

Erasures in poetry consist of taking previously written material and getting rid of the stuff that you don't need, keeping the words you want.

This venture will blend the two. I'll be doing erasures of all of Erasure's songs from the first studio album release, Wonderland, to their last studio release.

Who Needs Love (Like That)
Who needs that something on,
something right,
something strange?
To me, the voices in my head
seem the way to be.

Who needs that who like that?

So clear before my point of view
kept conversation changed all wrong.
Words are hard around the same.

Who needs that who like that?

Turn upside-down and leave cold.
See all control, all control
to understand why
I remember lines.
But I see nothing now will stay.

Who needs that who like that?

Love upside-down
and leave to see
you're losing, losing control.

Who needs that who like that?

Turn you down and you see
you're control, all control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.