Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 174

Thunderesis Statement
There, among the clouds,
dangling like the finest pair
of gilded tests in culling thoughts,
hangs the threat of another day
looming dark and ominous,
and flashing blitzkrieg waves;
hail that blisters brains
like fair fire slow burning holes
and olfactory scents of melted hair.

Yet, sheepishly
I do nothing but lounge
on cotton paths drenched in linen,
and wonder what happened,
where was the deafening sound
that was supposed to knock me to my feet?

It was nowhere to be found,
hiding, childlike, behind the clouds
that wave hideous fickle fingers down,
quenching my thirst for knowledge
and breaking my understanding of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.