Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 152

Bang, Fuck, I’m Dead
I watched from afar,
not speaking,
but watching as the eagle swept down,
proud,
with wings of steely silk,
maybe brass or bronze,
but gilded,
beguiling,
swooping,
and I saw it,
I saw the eagle from afar,
I watched it swoop down,
it snatched up,
with its claws,
successes,
perfection,
I watched the eagle,
I saw it from afar,
do what I could not,
what I could never do,
and so I shot it down,
with my own pride,
the smoking barrel,
high-fiving me,
in our moment of singularity,
happiness was a warm gun,
breathing for me,
as I stood silent,
over the eagle,
watching it stare back,
it couldn’t understand,
it could never understand,
my reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.