Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 299

Sonnet #59 (Repeat To Yourself)
When I see her, she reminds me of days.
When I see her, she reminds me of praise.
When I see her, she reminds me of gaze.
When I see her, she reminds me to stop
and think of the one thing she told me: write,
and think of the one thing she told me: fright,
and think of the one thing she told me: fight,
and think of the one thing she told to stop.
When we’re together I can’t think of blame.
When we’re together I can’t think of shame.
When we’re together I can’t think of claim.
When we’re together I can’t think to stop,
because the goal is to fight to the end,
despite the bullshit to still comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.