Sunday, July 11, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 241

Sonnet #53 (Science Project)
I spent ten pent years tented, pinned down
like some visceral bug tacked to corkboard
with a card underneath that reads: “renown”.
As if some sort of lie was false reward
for having stabbed me straight through beating heart,
and laughed at the vision of flailing arms
making sad attempts at pulling apart
the needles buried deep with no disarm.
Ten pent up years, tragically spent sifting
through the sands that are wet, caked red with blood,
my blood, drying as my soul is drifting
like the sands washed away in rapid flood.
And with my body pinned, I’m tore to shreds,
left floating down the river stained with reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.