Sunday, January 24, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 73

Browsing the Book Store
Her fearful symmetry
is a glass castle
housing lovely bones
and hot water music.

She is a wolf at the table
when you are engulfed in flames;
a million little pieces
of mice and men
become the rising tide
of blood meridian
in her beach music.

And I, the quiet American
for whom the bell tolls,
eating my naked lunch
in war and peace.

We’re in a long fatal love chase
that’s sure to end in cold blood
on some brave new world,
with me, the lord of the flies,
in my hundred years of solitude,
and her, the mysterious stranger,
an echo in the bone.

1 comment:

  1. I love myself some literary allusions! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

    sp

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.