Saturday, January 2, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 51

Solemn Maniacal
deep in the heart of solemn silence
sits a waiting rumination,
patient and penitent,
laughing sweetly on the inside.

and as the scent permeates
the callow sweeping darkness,
it stops briefly to listen to itself
and ponder.

the question isn’t what to do,
but what not to think about,
and simply crash face first
through the picture window.

it’s a never ending game
of haves, and never nots
passing by in idle desperation;
quiet grinning maniacal.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading and still enjoying your work. I can relate closely to this one, unfortunately. I find the voice to be all at once disturbing, dark, sentimental and sweet. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. -Stephanie K.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.