Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poem-A-Day: Day 335

Missing Personals
Medical Assistant at Crooks 59 Clinic

------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-10-12, 6:29PM EDT
Reply To This Post
------------------------------------------------------

I used to come visit you on my lunch hour
at the medical clinic you worked at.

Then they started to tear up the street,
and I think that’s when we began to get torn apart.

I sure miss you.
Can you believe we both smoked back then?!!!

Wow...I went out of my way for you-
that is for sure,

because back then you went out of your way for me.
It’s a shame you probably don’t remember

the first time i showed up
and brought you lunch

and I gave you a big hug, and a kiss,
and all the chatter in the office was,

"Now there is a guy who loves his woman."
you always forgot so quickly

how bad ass and kick ass
I really am.

No other man would have bothered,
because he would have already known

that you never really cared
to begin with.


a subtle reconstruction of a surprisingly touching Craigslist ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line, a quip, a snippet, your pants, or an anecdote...just don't drop the soap.